1. Homeopathics for Acute pain Arnica (topical and oral) bruised, lame feeling. Ruta graveolens (oral) soreness, sprain/strain that is stubborn to heal.
2. Castor Oil Rub onto the injured area with enough friction to generate warmth (or use heating pad). Be mindful this will stain clothes. Allow to soak in for at least 30 minutes, or overnight. Do not use in acute injury.
3. Alternating hot-to-cold baths/showers Alternate 3 minutes of hot water to 1 minute of cold. By doing three cycles of this, you stimulate the pumping of blood and lymph through your muscles, clearing out stagnation while tonifying your tissues. Option for full-body submersion or locally to regions of pain/stagnation.
4. Essential oils Lavender, German Camomile, Sandalwood.
5. Epsom salt baths "Hot baths with Epsom salt encourage relaxation, through both heat and the mineralizing effect of the magnesium. Both physical and mental relaxation are wonderful benefits.
Option: Light a candle and keep your focus on the flame, as a meditative way to calm mental chatter. Instructions: Fill bath as warm as you can stand. Add 2-3 cups of Epsom salt, with the option of adding few drops of your favorite essential oil. Consider a cool towel on your neck if you find yourself too hot."